Indianapolis Accident Lawyers Helping Bikers and Their Families
All too frequently, the failure of motorists to see a motorcycle results in catastrophic injury. The driver of the other vehicle either does not see the motorcycle before the collision or does not see it soon enough to avoid the collision. Our Indianapolis accident attorneys represent motorcycle accident victims nationwide to help them obtain compensation for their medical expenses and other financial and emotional hardships. Our nationally board certified civil trial attorneys have more than 75 years of collective experience helping victims of motorcycle accidents, ATV accidents and other motor vehicle accidents. They work closely with motorcycle accident investigators and other experts to help ensure that justice is served.
Recovery from Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycles do not offer the physical protection that cars do, motorcycle riders are much more susceptible to catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), broken limbs, road rash, spinal cord injuries and even wrongful death.
Each year thousands of bikers are seriously injured or killed in motorcycle accidents, but they and their families do not receive the compensation to which they are entitled. Insurance companies often initially offer collision victims a small settlement. This can leave motorcycle accident victims without the resources they need to pay for medical bills, rehabilitation, bike repairs and other expenses.
Our Indianapolis accident attorneys can determine the true value of your case and the amount to which you are entitled. We have obtained million-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Victims who try to handle their own legal affairs after a serious motorcycle accident are often left bearing the majority of the expenses from an accident that was not their fault.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Before riding a motorcycle, remember to do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with the information in the owner’s manual
- Check the tires
- Check to make sure the controls, lights, horn and turn signals are working
- Check your mirrors to make sure you can see all around you
- Check to ensure adequate levels of fuel, oil and, if applicable, coolant
- Check your brakes
- Make sure your stand folds up properly and, if you have a chain-drive, make sure the chain is in good condition and has proper tension
While riding a motorcycle:
- Keep an eye out for road hazards
- Stay visible – keep your headlamps on, wear bright colors and always signal
- Use your horn if you have to
- Stay out of blind spots
- Keep your eyes moving – do not focus on one thing; otherwise, you may not spot a hazard
- Keep a safe distance between yourself and other vehicles, especially in the dark
- Check traffic at intersections before turning or riding through
- Check your blind spots by turning to look before changing lanes
- Avoid passing if a corner is coming
- Avoid riding at dusk; that is when visibility is at its worst
- Keep your face shield scratch free to avoid tricks with oncoming headlights
Contact our Indianapolis Accident Lawyers Now
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Doehrman Chamberlain today online or by telephone at 800-269-3443 to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.