Information from Our Indianapolis Injury Lawyers
A traumatic brain injury, sometimes referred to as TBI, can be devastating for the injured person as well as their loved ones. If you suffer a brain injury because of another’s negligence, it is important to understand the treatment options available to you and your family.
Treatment and therapy options for traumatic brain injuries can be costly, which is why finding the best legal representation to fight on your behalf is so important. These options include:
- Psychotherapy and physical therapy
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Diagnostic studies
- Regular office visits with a neurologist and other medical specialists
- Medications to help alleviate the effects of the brain injury
- Speech and occupational therapy
- Rehabilitation centers
- Day treatment programs
Brain injury victims in Indiana and around the nation can count on our Indianapolis brain injury lawyers to help them obtain fair compensation for their injuries. Our attorneys are nationally renowned for their skilled representation of traumatic brain injury victims. We are dedicated to our clients and maintain a high level of involvement with the Brain Injury Association of Indiana.
Have you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury? Contact our Indianapolis injury attorneys online or by telephone at 800-269-3443 for a free consultation.
The Consequences of Traumatic Brain Injury
The symptoms and effects of TBIs can be severe and long lasting, including:
- Cognitive consequences such as memory loss, spatial disorientation, difficulty concentrating, difficulty communicating and difficulty with planning and carrying out even simple everyday tasks, which is often referred to as an impairment of “executive functioning”
- Psychological consequences such as anxiety, depression, mood swings, personality changes, agitation and impulsivity
- Physical consequences such as seizures, headaches, speech impairment, partial or complete paralysis of the body or loss of senses
Long-term effects from a traumatic brain injury may not be immediately apparent following the event that caused the injury. If you or a loved one is in an accident and you suspect a brain injury, it is important to seek a medical evaluation as soon as possible. Remember, traumatic brain injury affects not only the victim, but also the family and caregivers who are living with or taking care of the person with the brain injury. People who have suffered a brain injury may look fine on the outside and appear to be perfectly normal to a stranger. However, loved ones and those who care for those with brain injuries often will recognize and understand the effects that a brain injury has on emotions, memory, behavior, mental capabilities and personality.
Why Do Traumatic Brain Injuries Happen?
Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions, can happen in many situations, including from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents
- Sporting accidents
- Playground accidents
- Improper care for a person on a ventilator
Contact Our Indianapolis Injury Attorneys Today
We are dedicated to openly communicating with our clients to provide them with the advice they need to make informed decisions about their cases. We can help you understand your case and your legal options.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of the negligent actions of another, our board certified lawyers are here to help you get the fair compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced Indianapolis brain injury attorney.